To create new plugin for OctoberCMS you must have to follow below steps:
- Directory Structure
- Registration file
- Supported methods
- Basic plugin information
- Routing and initialization
- Navigation menus
- Version History
- Plugin version file
- Extending with events
The registration process allows plugins to declare their features such as components or back-end menus and pages. Some examples of what a plugin can do:
- Define components.
- Define user permissions.
- Add settings pages, menu items, lists and forms.
- Create database table structures and seed data.
- Alter functionality of the core or other plugins.
- Provide classes, backend controllers, views, assets, and other files.
Directory structure: Plugins reside in the /plugins subdirectory of the application directory. An example of a plugin directory structure:
plugins/ acme/ <=== Author name blog/ <=== Plugin name classes/ components/ controllers/ models/ updates/ ... Plugin.php <=== Plugin registration file